Crystal Palace Ladies Football Club Academy Emergency Action Plan (EAP)
Address of venue:
The following medical equipment is available on site – defibrillator in the main tunnel into the stadium pitch.
The medical room is located in the home changing room.
Local hospital information:
Nearest A+E hospital
Princess Royal University Hospital, Farnborough Common, BR6 8ND, 01689863000. (2.9)
Nearest hospital with Head Injury unit
Lewisham Hospital, Lewisham SE13 6LH (6.1 miles). Tel: 02083333000
Emergency Procedures: Non-life threatening
1. The on-site first aider will attend to the injury on the pitch with appropriate course of action.
2. Team coach to ensure appropriate documentation and handover to player’s Team Manager and home club secretary
Emergency Procedures: Life threatening
1. First Aider to lead pitchside care of player with assistance of other coaches as required.
2. Immediate call by leading home coach to emergency services.
3. Coaching staff will alert duty manager of the impending arrival of ambulance.
4. Ensure full documentation and handover is carried out with communication to player’s Team Manger and home club secretary.
Other useful information:
The home coach will introduce themselves to the opposing team staff before a match to discuss in place systems and equipment available.